Do you need to hire an editor for your website or e-Book? You’ve come to the right place.
I’m a former secondary school English teacher so I’m quite pedantic about writing and grammar. You’ll always get the best possible work.
I edited the Writers Bureau student online magazine for 2 years. The Writers Bureau is a British organisation, operating on an International basis, teaching people how to become writers.
At the moment I’m employed as a resident editor on one major website, and as part-time editor on a couple of others.
How you can also make use of my editing skills to advance your business
- Do you have pages on your website which are not working for you? These pages may be turning your potential customers and clients away because they’re not presented as well as they could be. I can edit your main website/blog landing or sales pages so they appeal to your ideal customers better than they do now.
- Is English your second language? Do you have to write and communicate in English but feel your lack of persuasive communicative skills is letting you down? I can edit your press release and your letters/blogs etc., to show you and your product in the best possible light. Send me a message and we can start to work on this as soon as possible.
- Are you an SEO genius but can’t put your thoughts into words very well? Hire me to edit your articles and emails you send out to your list and let the world see how good you really are. You can concentrate on getting your thoughts on paper, and leave the polishing and editing to me. I can make them look good.
- You can also hire me as a partner to take over the editing side of your site so you can be free to do the things you actually like doing.
- Do you have a product-based website? Do you have product descriptions that just aren’t attracting customers? Let me write you an excellent copy, free of verbiage and grammatical mistakes.
- Give your subscribers the best of you. Impress them with your clarity and skill. Go ahead and ask me for a quote to edit your e-Book.
Why you should hire me as an editor if your second language is English
I’m also a qualified and experienced TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) teacher. In different parts of the world (including London), I taught students from various cultures and languages to speak English. I’ve also created a series of writing tools as reference points to both English students seeking to better their use of written English, and speakers of other languages.
Therefore, I’m looking at your writing from the perfect vantage point. Whatever language you speak, I understand why you express yourself the way you do. I’m the perfect person to choose if you’re looking to hire an editor to propel your business forward, and to build your confidence to introduce your work to the rest of the world.
You can also hire me to write for you:
- I’ll write articles for your website.
- I’ll write your press releases for your new product, books or events.
- A percentage of posts on this site are sponsored articles I’ve written for various clients. If you want your articles and back links on a high-ranking site like this one, I can help you with that.
- If your first language isn’t English and you want a professional write-up about your remarkable product, you can hire me to do this for you.
I write about (and have written about) most subjects. However, my specialities lie in diy projects, home improvement, relationships, self-improvement, confidence-building, women’s issues, blogging, writing, and books. I also have Facebook, Twitter and Google+ profiles. See my About page for more detailed information. Explore the links above if you need a writer for any of the niches mentioned.
Copy editing charges
What I do:
I can edit 2 -3 pages in an hour. This is about 1,000 to 1,300 words – depending on the quality of the writing.
I go through syntax, subject-verb agreement, all grammatical issues, spelling (including homonyms’ substitutions), and clarity of speech.
I do one edit, leave the content for a night, then re-do the next day. We need ‘fresh eyes’ to see mistakes, and this usually takes a night to achieve.
For foreign speakers I also go through the text to see if expressions are correct in terms of how a native speaker would use them. I also look for redundancies and language that ‘burden’ sentences and make them ‘heavier’ to read.
I won’t ever touch the writer’s style, as each writer needs to maintain his/her own voice.
In the case of copy writing on sales pages, adverts and e-books, I’ll polish the language so that it succinctly expresses what the writer wants to say and to entice potential buyers to act.
My prices strictly follow our editors’ society recommendations. You can find them in the links below:
http://www.sfep.org.uk/pub/mship/minimum_rates.asp (expressed in £ pound sterling per hour)
http://the-efa.org/res/rates.php (check the third one down ‘website copyediting’)
I’m always willing to work out a slightly lower editing rate based on your budget. However, sales pages, emails to lists, and ‘hire me pages’ are always charged at the full rate. I’ll also be willing to quote you lower rates if the editing work is an ongoing one.
Please note: as of January 2013, (especially for one-off work) I require half of the payment when I’ve reached the half-way mark of the job specified – and the other half 7 days after the work is delivered. I’d be happy to be paid after the work is completed, but have had to make some hard choices where payment is concerned.